Don't let a New Jersey Insurance Fraud Charge Ruin Your Life!
Arrested for Insurance Fraud in New Jersey? Get an
Experienced Criminal Defense Lawyer
Insurance Fraud is a commonly charged and prosecuted
crime in New Jersey. The state has set up a separately funded Office
of the Insurance Fraud Prosecutor just to prosecute these cases.
They have dedicated significant resources to cracking down on these
cases, so you need an experienced defense lawyer to help you defend
yourself against the charges in court, or to try to work out a favorable
Types of insurance card can range from simply having a forged or fake auto
insurance card, to more complex charges such as:
- Faking Auto Accident Injuries for insurance settlements or phony
medical treatment charges (also known as Health Care Claims Fraud)
- Arraigning for any medical or Medicaid treatments in exchange for
- Overcharging for Medicaid services
- Obtaining more Medicaid benefits than you are legally entitled
- Making false or misleading statements in order to obtain any kind
- Claiming your car is principally garaged in New Jersey to get insurance
when that is not the case.
- Falsely obtaining disability benefits when you are able to work
- Falsely obtaining unemployment insurance benefits when you are
- Workers Compensation Fraud: Employers must have a workers comp
policy for employees.
- and more...
New Jersey Insurance Fraud Penalties
Some of the penalties for insurance fraud related crimes under New Jersey Laws
are as follows:
- Health Care Claims Fraud: fines of up to $150,000 or five times
the value of the claims. Jail time of up 3-5 years. For a medical professional
committing fraud, the jail time can be 5-10 years in jail.
- Auto Insurance/False Insurance Card: $10,000 fine and up to 18
months in jail.
- Insurance Application Fraud: $5000 fine.
- Unemployment Insurance Fraud: Considered a theft
crime. Penalties correspond to the value of the theft.
- Disability Benefits Fraud: Also considered theft.
- Workers Compensation Insurance Fraud: up to a $10,000 fine and 18
months in jail.
Free Legal Consultation
If you've been accused of any type of Insurance Fraud or related
crime in New Jersey, call me for a free consultation,
and I'll be happy to give you the advice you need, and answer your
questions about the charges you're facing.
I am in different NJ courts every day,
defending my clients rights and freedom on Insurance Fraud and other
criminal charges. If you've been arrested and are facing
charges in New Jersey, call me for a free consultation now.
(888) 628-8394 or locally at (732) 625-9660