New Jersey Criminal Defense Attorney For Those Arrested On Aggravated Sexual Assault Charges (2C:14-2)
Aggravated Sexual Assault (2C:14-2) is one of the most serious criminal charges that someone in New Jersey can face.
As a First Degree crime, conviction can result in a sentence of decades, not years.
Once free, you’ll be saddled with hundreds of thousands of dollars in fines and a lifetime as a registered sex offender.
Aggravated Sexual Assault is not a charge you can risk your future with.
You need experienced legal help right away.
- The victim is younger than 13 years old;
- The victim is between 13 and 16 years old and you are related to the victim, have supervisory or disciplinary power over the victim, or are a parent, guardian, or other legal custodian of the victim;
- The act was committed during the commission or attempted commission of robbery, kidnapping, homicide, aggravated assault, burglary, arson, or criminal escape;
- You had a weapon that caused the victim to be in fear;
- You were helped by others and used physical force or coercion;
- You used physical force or coercion and caused severe injury to the victim;
- The victim was physically helpless, mentally defective, or mentally incapacitated.
If you’ve been charged with Aggravated Sexual Assault in New Jersey, you can bet that police and prosecutors intend to come at you with every possible resource and put you away for as long as possible.
Your only hope is to work with an experienced criminal defense attorney who can fight back.
Call Matthew Reisig today at 732-625-9661 if you’ve been charged with Aggravated Sexual Assault.