Insurance Fraud Charges Defense Attorney in New Jersey
Have You Been Arrested for Insurance Fraud in NJ? Consult an Experienced Insurance Fraud Defense Attorney in New Jersey!
Insurance Fraud is a commonly charged and prosecuted crime in New Jersey. The state has set up a separately funded Office of the Insurance Fraud Prosecutor just to prosecute these cases. They have dedicated significant resources to cracking down on these cases, so you need an experienced Insurance Fraud Defense Attorney in New Jersey to help you defend yourself against the charges in court, or to try to work out a favorable deal.
Types of insurance fraud can range from simply having a forged or fake auto insurance card, to more complex charges such as:
- Faking Auto Accident Injuries for insurance settlements or phony medical treatment charges (also known as Health Care Claims Fraud)
- Arraigning for any medical or Medicaid treatments in exchange for kickbacks
- Overcharging for Medicaid services
- Obtaining more Medicaid benefits than you are legally entitled
- Making false or misleading statements in order to obtain any kind of insurance
- Claiming your car is principally garaged in New Jersey to get insurance when that is not the case.
- Falsely obtaining disability benefits when you are able to work
- Falsely obtaining unemployment insurance benefits when you are working
- Workers Compensation Fraud: Employers must have a workers comp policy for employees.
- and more…
New Jersey Insurance Fraud Penalties
Some of the penalties for insurance fraud related crimes under New Jersey Laws are as follows:
- Health Care Claims Fraud: fines of up to $150,000 or five times the value of the claims. Jail time of up 3-5 years. For a medical professional committing fraud, the jail time can be 5-10 years in jail.
- Auto Insurance/False Insurance Card: $10,000 fine and up to 18 months in jail.
- Insurance Application Fraud: $5000 fine.
- Unemployment Insurance Fraud: Considered a theft crime. Penalties correspond to the value of the theft.
- Disability Benefits Fraud: Also considered theft.
- Workers Compensation Insurance Fraud: up to a $10,000 fine and 18 months in jail.
Free Legal Consultation With A Skilled Insurance Fraud Defense Attorney in New Jersey
If you’ve been accused of any type of Insurance Fraud or related crime in New Jersey, call me for a free consultation, and I’ll be happy to give you the advice you need, and answer your questions about the charges you’re facing.
I am in different NJ courts every day, defending my clients rights and freedom on Insurance Fraud and other criminal charges.
If you’ve been arrested and are facing charges in New Jersey, call me, an Insurance Fraud Defense Attorney in New Jersey, for a free consultation now.
(888) 628-8394 or locally at (732) 625-9660